Man I love a good Ted Talk. Especially when they are under 15 minutes, informative, funny and fast- which this one is. Shawn Achor starts out with a cute story illustrating how the way you perceive things affects how you react to them and your overall mindset. About half way through the talk he gets to his point- that 90% of your happiness is based on how your brain processes the world. If you can change your formula for success and happiness, you can change the way you affect reality.
A few interesting points:
Job success is predicted by only 25% intelligence, the other 75% are optimism levels, social support, and ability to see stress as a challenge rather than a threat.
Our current ways of thinking: success = happiness
We've been conditioned to make happiness dependent upon success